Friday, February 3, 2012

I've Reached My First Weight Loss Goal!




If you've read my blog from the beginning, you'll know I started Weight Watchers January 4, 2012. The first goal set for me was 5% of my starting weight. Well, I weighed in this past Wednesday, February 1, and I have lost to date 12 pounds.When I was told I reached my first goal, I actually cried. It had been a rough week so far, because I felt that I couldn't do anything right. I was being micro-managed a bit at work and my kid just would NOT listen to me. When I learned that I lost weight during the week AND had met my goal I felt that FINALLY I was doing SOMETHING right. Getting recognition in front of such a large group of folks made it all the better. To add to all of that, I've lost 2 inches from my waist and hips. I feel the difference in my clothes. It feels good to actually need a belt, lol!

My new goal is 10% of my starting weight, so I have 10.8 pounds to go if I've calculated correctly.
I thought it was 12 pounds originally. 
Here are some updated stats:

Starting weight: 222.8
Current weight: 210.8

Starting waist measurement: 43 inches
Current waist measurement: 41 inches

Starting hip measurement: 53 inches
Current hip measurement: 51 inches

I haven't been feeling too great lately because I'm working too hard, and honestly I haven't had the energy or time to exercise. I need to find the strength from somewhere and take a walk, get on a treadmill or do some Zumba. My weight loss has been slow and steady, and I'm in no hurry, but I'll see more results when I exercise. I just have to push myself and tell myself that I'll be feeling so much better if I get my booty moving. 

I intended to post some "after" photos, but decided to wait until February 17th, as it will be a month after the first ones I took. I hope that by the time I post them, I'll be able to see a difference. 

Thanks for reading! 

I'll end with a quote someone Tweeted earlier: "Your stomach shouldn't be a waste basket". Remember that the next time you put that Big Mac in your mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...