Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Walking to the Beat



I LOVE music. I'm eclectic. I love rap, hip-hop, pop, disco, oldies, and country. It really depends on my mood  as far as what kind of music I'll listen to while I drive, walk or workout. 


Yesterday I was in a lot of pain from this ovarian cyst I've had for over 2 years. On a side note, I am finally getting medical care for it soon. Anyway, I had taken a nap because I was so uncomfortable and the pain had kept me from having a good night's sleep the night before. When I got up from my nap, it was once again pain that woke me. Rather than sit on the couch moaning and groaning with a heating pad, I decided to take a walk. It wasn't very nice outside. It was raining a little, so I had to wear a jacket. I took my iPhone so I could listen to music. Right now all I have on it is Michael Jackson's The Number Ones album, and the single Forever by Chris Brown. It was a great walk! I walked a mile round trip, stopping at Starbucks on the way. When I was walking back, however, it was so difficult to resist that urge to dance to the music! I found myself actually walking to the beat of the music. I imagined I was on the catwalk at a fashion show. The only thing I didn't do was do a little twirl, ha, ha! I just had a sassy strut. When I was closer to my apartment building, I couldn't resist any longer, and as I came up to the building I was snapping my fingers, moving my arms a bit and singing softly. Believe me, I wanted to say "to hell with it" and dance in the parking lot, but my fear of being watched and laughed at got the best of me. That is something I need to get over one of these days. I think that to a certain extent it is ok to worry what others think of me, but if it holds me back from enjoying or expressing myself that's a problem. Perhaps with more weight loss this confidence will come. Who knows, next time you see me I might be dancing in the street! Until then, I'll be strutting to the beat of my favorite music, and smiling.







1 comment:

  1. You should always do whatever you think is right for you! ;-)

    How do you know that others are right?

    They don't know what you need and you do!


    If you feel like dancing, just do it!!!!


    Best regards,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...