Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Now THAT'S the Way to Do It!






I am so relieved! I had another day or two this past week where I overindulged and was afraid to get on the scale today. To my delight I had lost 1.2 pounds. That may not seem like a lot, but if you consider that I'm retaining water AND had gained .4 pounds the previous week it's something to get excited about. Another great thing is I lost another 1/2 inch from my waist and hips. :-)


I had wanted to participate in the stair climb event in March to help raise money for Leukemia, but I was too late registering, so now I am working on another event. It's called Everybody's On a Roll to Fight Diabetes. It will be at the roller skating rink on June 24, 2012. I plan on skating that day and close to that time will be asking for pledges. My dad has Type 2 diabetes, and I know other that have juvenile diabetes. I think it's a good cause. 


http://www.dapc.info/fundraisers.htm


Besides weight loss, I have 2 major goals. One is to become a Zumba instructor. I don't have to be at my goal weight to be an instructor, however, I'd like to get down to a weight where I'm able to keep up with the class I'm teaching. I love Zumba because it's fun and burns lot of calories. You don't have to know how to dance, you just need to move! The cost is around $285 for the Basic Instructor class. I have a fear of public speaking, so if I can get this certification, I will have to get over that fear. I know I can do this!


My other goal is to work at Weight Watchers. I'd love to be one of the team members in the reception area, or even a team leader someday. In order to work there, however, I have to reach my goal. How rewarding would it be to help people reach their goals and celebrate their success? I'd love that!


I feel like I'm back on track to success in my weight loss. I have to remember that everyone messes up now and then and NOT beat myself up so much. I WILL do this!


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read that!

    Your motivation came back ;-) and this is the best think that can happen!

    Have a wonderful week,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...