Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter Storm 2012

Today was a real test of my commitment to my Weight Watchers plan.


At about 8:30 am we lost all power at home. Everything is electric, so we had no heat and no way to cook. 
I did ok with breakfast, but as lunchtime neared, I realized I wasn't going to be able to eat unless I had a microwave to cook some leftover soup I had made last night. I decided to drive to the store to get some fixins for tuna sandwiches, candles, and firewood. The store is just a 1/2 mile down the road, but man was it an adventure. Since the power was out all over, the store was operating on a generator for power, but it was still cold in there and crowded. I got everything I needed, but didn't really pay attention to the cashier's warning about trying to get my cart through the parking lot. I didn't make it far and 2 nice gentleman had to lift my cart and carry it to my car. Happy to make it over that hurdle, I skidded my way back home, and then I got stuck. 
I made a left into my apartment complex and got stuck in the entrance. My car was halfway in the road, and I was in real danger of getting hit if people didn't change lanes quickly enough to get around me. A nice couple walking down the street tried to push me, but there was so much snow packed under the tires there was no way they'd get me out of there. I called the apartment manager and told her the scenario. Two of her maintenance men came out with shovels and started getting the snow out from under the car. Then, a truck that had gone around me pulled in and the driver got out and started helping clear snow, keep the drivers on the road stopped, and then stared helping with pushing me out of that mess. A total of 5 people got together to help, 7 if you count the couple that wasn't successful. I was very relieved. 


Once I got home, I made my late lunch of tuna on wheat and hoovered it. I won't go into details about the other things I ate, but I did end up going over my daily points amount by 2. Not too bad, but my goal is to never exceed my points. I am giving a weekly points allowance, however, that can be used on those days I need it. I get 49 weekly points. Here's how it works: If I exceed my daily points I can dip into that 49 points. It's there to give some flexibility or for them times when I just HAVE to have that cookie, for example. If I wanted I could divide them up and give myself 36 points a day, however, I'd rather stick to my 29 daily points and use the 49 for emergencies only, lol. I'm going to call it my emergency points account. :-) 


 The power was restored at almost 9 pm, and if the roads are better tomorrow, I'm going to a meeting and will get my weight. If not, I'll wait until next Wednesday, my normal meeting day. Until next time....


Check out some of the Winter Storm pics below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...