Sunday, January 22, 2012

Busy Weekend!

Title says it all: It was a busy weekend! After being off almost all week due to weather, I finally worked an 8 hour day on Saturday. In case I haven't mentioned before, I work at H&R Block as a Client Service Professional (front desk) for the tax season. I'm working in two offices, because they have a shortage of help in one of them. I went to the busier office of the two yesterday and wow, I am STILL feeling the effects of standing on my feet for seven and a half hours. I haven't worked at a job that requires me to be on my feet since 2000, when I was waiting tables at Houlihan's. I learned the hard way yesterday that it pays to invest in a good pair of shoes. People were constantly coming in the office, and they seemed to arrive in packs! And of course as soon as someone walked in to check in for an appointment, the phone would ring. It was a very busy and productive day, and I had no issues getting to sleep last night. 


Today I planned out the dinner menu for the next 3 days. I put Turkey Chili in the crock pot to have for tomorrow, and tonight I made flank steak with sauteed onions, broccoli and quinoa. It turned out pretty darn good. One on the things I really enjoy about being on Weight Watchers is I'm making myself try new things. I'm usually a very picky eater, and this plan has pushed me outside my comfort zone and that's a great thing. 
I just wish that my youngest would be open to trying new things, too. My other half is eating my cooking, which is great. Now I need to get him to join WW. It would make it so much easier for me. However, with or without him, I'm staying on track. 


I haven't been weighed in almost 2 weeks. I couldn't go last week due to weather closing the city down, so I'm waiting until Wednesday. I could go sooner, but I like the group that's there on Wednesday nights, and the speaker is great, too! Tomorrow is another busy day at work I'm wrapping this up. Until next time...


Enjoy the pics below. These are foods I've cooked since being on Weight Watchers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...