Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling Optimistic

Today was a pretty good day for me. I intended to do a 5k walk in the park, but I slept in until almost 11. Even though I started out lazy, I was determined to fit in my exercise, so I decided to walk around the block. Yesterday my other half and I walked the 1.7 miles together in 36 minutes, but today, walking it alone, I was determined to beat that time. I made it in 32 minutes, and I'm determined to do even better than that tomorrow. There is a steep hill that's a challenge for me and until I do this walk without getting out of breath when I walk up the hill, I'll keep trying.


There is an event called the Big Climb in Seattle on March 25, 2012. It's to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma. In the Columbia Center where this is held there are 69 flights of stairs, with 1,311 steps and 788 feet of vertical elevation. Just the thought of it at this moment is making me out of breath. I know that if that even were today, I couldn't survive going up even 5 flights of stairs. I'm considering registering myself for this event and committing myself to be in better shape to handle the Big Climb in 2 months. Problem is, the spots fill up fast, and after 6,000 participants they will close the registration. So, this means that I pay my $40 very soon and make sure I'm ready to do this in March, or I basically lose the money. If I keep pondering my decision, then space will fill up and I'll miss out. It's for a good cause and I want to step out of my comfort zone and give it a shot. Members of Weight Watchers in my area have formed a team called Team Believe. Key word there: Believe. I have to believe I can do this. The only way to find out is to try, right?


In case anyone reads my blog but me and David, here is the link to the event. 
http://www.llswa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BC_homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...