Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eggplant? Me?

Today I tried eggplant for perhaps the second time in my life. I think the first time I had it someone else prepared it and it was very delicious, but this was over a year ago. Since I've begun Weight Watchers I've been determined to expand my palate and try new things, instead of turning my nose up at them. I looked up some recipes for eggplant and tips on preparing it and I must say I have a new favorite vegetable. I dipped slices of it in Best Foods Low fat mayonnaise that is made with olive oil, stirred in some garlic and oregano, then put a very light dusting of flour on the slices. I put them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes per side. Sooo good. What's really bizarre is I'm having PMS symptoms right now and for the first time in a VERY long time I'm craving something other than chocolate. I want some eggplant! My mind is churning. How can I make it next time? Should I make eggplant fries? Saute it? Bake it? Eggplant Parmesan? Chocolate dipped eggplant? I'm kidding on that last one, seriously. 


It snowed here today, but that didn't deter me from getting in my exercise. Instead of driving to the store, I took my daughter with me on a walk so that I could get a few things. At the time we walked to the store it was not snowing, and it appeared that maybe we wouldn't see anymore because the streets were clear. However, on our return trip the sky had darkened and the snow was falling hard and fast. The old me would have complained and walked faster to get home. Today the new me laughed and kept grinning like an idiot as I made my way home. 


I mentioned before that I'm considering the Big Climb in Seattle on March 25, 2012. That's 69 flights of 1,311 stairs! The event is to help raise funds for Lymphoma and Leukemia. I was on the fence about it because I was afraid of not being ready. I've decided to DEFINITELY sign up. I'm going to see if my Weight Watchers leader will allow other people to join Team Believe if there are still spaces available. I'm very excited! 


In my next blog I'm going to get personal, and post my "Before" pictures, and my current stats. I'll update them on a weekly basis when I have progress. That's right. I said "WHEN" not "IF"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...