Saturday, April 21, 2012

Missing Puzzle Piece


This weight loss journey of mine has brought on so many changes. Obviously there is the physical change, but there has been a change from the inside as well. I find that I'm more optimistic. Even when things don't go my way, I have an upbeat attitude. Like always, I have a smile on my face, but these days, I actually FEEL the smile-I'm not faking it. 

There is something else I've noticed. I have more confidence. I walk with my head up, and if I'm getting a second look from someone, I don't look down at my shoes. I look that person in the eyes and smile. I've found my confidence again. One recent example of this was my 2nd job interview with my new employer.
Before I went to the interview, I was nervous, but on the drive there I keep saying positive things out loud. "You've got this!" "You can do it". I don't know what happened to the nerves. Maybe it was my new boss and her assistant who seemed laid back, but I answered every question without hesitation. I even made them laugh. I maintained eye contact. I even told them about my weight loss and how I want to become a Zumba instructor when I reach one of my weight loss goals. My new boss asked the final question, "Why should we hire you?" I didn't give the standard cliche' answers. I simply said this, "Because I'm your missing puzzle piece." I said it with confidence, not arrogance, and I smiled. She and her assistant loved that response. I was offered the job on the spot. 

I credit my weight loss to this resurrected confidence. I'm doing my best to handle all situations just like I do with this weight loss-with determination, and a CAN DO attitude. I love what losing weight has done for me. I hope that you'll continue to stay with me and celebrate my success. Thanks for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...