Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Another Little Milestone Reached!

Today I got my award for losing 25 pounds. Well, it's actually 26.4 pounds now! I was so excited to get my key chain last week, and it was awesome to be able to add my first charm to it this week. That thing is going with me every where. When I feel myself about ready to cave and eat a big fat juicy burger, or some french fries with cheese, I'm going to reach into my pocket, and touch my key chain. It's going to be there to remind me that I've come so far, and there is no looking back. I'm tired of being the fat girl. I'm tired of shopping in the plus size section. Shoot, I'm tired of being tired! 


I admit, it feels great to get recognized for achieving my goals, but lately I've gotten comments from friends that meant more to me than these weight loss awards I've received. I've been told that seeing my posts (on Facebook) motivates one friend to want to do better, and another said that she's sure I'll "push her over the edge soon" to start dieting. Of course I mentioned to her that what I'm doing is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Another friend of mine joined Weight Watchers just last week. She's full of questions, and I'm there to answer when I can. I feel kind of like a mentor. THAT is rewarding to me-to be able to inspire and motivate others to make positive changes in their lives. One reason I talk so much about my journey and successes along the way is not to just get some recognition and encouragement, but to motivate others who might be struggling with weight loss or who need that little push. 


Just a little update on where I am towards reaching my goals. I have to lose 7 pounds to have a 15% weight loss and 17 pounds to reach 20%. Once I reach 15% I'm either getting a tattoo or nose piercing. When I reach 20% I'll take a Zumba certification course. As usual I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...