Wednesday, March 14, 2012

There's This Thing Called a Belt

Yesterday I decided to break down and FINALLY buy a belt for my pants. Since I've so far lost a bit over 20 pounds and 3 inches off of my waist my pants have been doing some serious sagging. Also, I don't need to unbutton them to take them off. I want new clothes, but I'm holding off for a little bit because as I keep losing weight, I'll have to keep replenishing my supply of clothes, and that gets expensive. So, I found myself looking at the nice belts at Fred Meyer yesterday. To my delight, not only were they on sale, but there was a 15% off coupon for them, too. My daughter Paris was with me, and she was very impatient, and kept whining for me to hurry. I wanted to try the belts on in the fitting room, because I wanted privacy. Paris was whining about that, too, so I said this to her: "You either come with me to the fitting room so I can try these belts on, or get embarrassed because my pants fell down." She said nothing and followed me to the fitting room. :-)
I'm now the proud owner of a reversible belt-it's black on one side and brown on the other. I haven't been able to wear a belt for 2 years now. It feels good to need one. Now the challenge will be to see how long it takes until I have to tighten the belt a little more. 


In other news, I went to my weigh in today, and I had lost .4 pounds. No, it wasn't the number I expected, however, a loss is a loss, no matter how small. Each and every little bit adds years to my life and makes me healthier. I'm thankful. I've got this!



1 comment:

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...