Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Next Time You Eat That Donut...






It's been awhile. I'd like to say that I've been too successful in my weight loss to write, but that's not the case. The fact is, I'm tired. I'm working full time, I'm on my feet a lot, and when I get home, I eat and rest. Therefore, I'm still losing, but it's at a very slow pace, because I'm not trying hard to make it happen. Until today I had stopped tracking, stopped exercising and wasn't getting enough sleep.


That all changed today at the weekly weigh in. I lost .6. So if the scale measures in tenths, that's 3/5 of a pound. I can do so much better than this. I was happy to have a lost, considering what I've eaten lately, but it was admitting that I ate donuts that made me realize I've really fallen off the wagon lately. When I confessed I ate them, I may not have shown it, but I was ashamed. At the time I ate the donuts, I was back to the old Tamara. I didn't just have one, I looked around, made sure no one was coming and grabbed a second one. By the way, these were provided courtesy of my work. That first donut went down too quickly. It was soft, gooey, and perfect. I didn't even bother to calculate the points on these donuts until now.  One medium size glazed donut is 7 pp. Remember I had two of them. That's 14. I get 26 daily points. I ate over half my daily allowance. What's even more disturbing is the nutritional breakdown. I did some Googling and according to one site I found one donut has 255 whopping calories and 12 grams of fat among other things. Eek!

I had the nerve to scoff at the person who had only taken half of a donut. Me! What am I, some expert just because I've lost 33.6 pounds? Absolutely not! Today's meeting was about questioning if the points in something you want is worth it. If I had actually taken the time to look up this info before I consumed TWO donuts, I honestly think I would have allowed myself half of one. I love donuts. It only takes a few bites to satisfy whatever craving it is I have. I wish I could explain what came over me. Maybe the fact that they were free gave me that excuse. I haven't purchased any, so that tells you right there that I didn't want them bad enough. 


A coworker of mine recently told me that she's using me as a motivator to help achieve her weight loss goals. The girl is going to gym for 3-4 hours at a time! She's eating better. It's already showing. There is no freaking way that I'm going to be an inspiration to anyone if I'm sitting back popping donuts like they're crack. It's time to light that fire under my butt again. Anyone have a match?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Ok to Be a Weight Watcher

It’s ok if you see me with a donut.  I am going to track it and make sure that I get in some activity to work it off. It’s ok if I ...